1. After a long journey through Cuba, Panama and Dominican Republic, Br. Irfan Khurshid, International Programs: Director, is in Haiti, coordinating the relief efforts on ground, Alhamdolillah.
2. Current focus is to provide food and water to the victims of massive earthquake. The efforts are being coordinated with local Islamic Centers in Dominican Republic and Haiti. Local Pakistani community is helping us with volunteers, security and transportation.
3. Temporary infrastructure is being put together on the border of Dominican Republic and Haiti so that Medical teams can work in the field for longer period of time. Alhamdolillah, volunteer doctors from Dominican Republic, Pakistan, India, Indonesia, Canada and USA are being sponsored by HHRD. Br. Ilyas Choudry is leading this effort. Please pass on this information to your local medical contacts. His contact number is (832) 275-0786.
4. Our prompt response to this major crisis is helping countless brothers and sisters in the field. We will be conducting tele-conference calls with Br. Irfan Khurshid in coming days. Please let us know if any one in your area is interested.
5. More than 3 million people will need our help for at least 3 to 6 months. Please ask every one to contribute to HHRD's $1.5 Million Appeal as much as possible.
Jazak-Allah Khairan and please remember us in all of your prayers.