Assalamu Alaikum and Ramadan Mubarak
Based on latest UN reports, the number of flood affected people in Pakistan is 15 million. It is more than three recent major disasters (Pak. Earthquake 2005, South Asian Tsunami, Haiti Earthquake) combined...!
1. HHRD has provided food (one month ration) to more than 94,500 persons directly affected by the catastrophic floods. Utensils are also being provided at different locations.
2. HHRD has provided tents to shelter close to 3,000 people.
3. HHRD is running medical clinics by establishing medical relief camps at 13 locations now. More than 5,000 patients has been treated so far. Free medicine are being provided.
4. A mobile surgical & medical unit is reaching out to the most vulnerable people in the far flanged areas. The mobile unit is equipped with diagnostic capabilities and is serving the communities on continuous basis.
5. HHRD is coordinating the relief efforts with WFP, WHO, other NGOs and different Government and Semi-Government institutions in the area to serve the victims more efficiently.
1. Your cash donations will reach the victims more rapidly than any thing else. We are able to purchase all needed items from the local markets to help the people in need.
2. We have opened up our In-Kind donation centers in all US regions to collect the items like medical equipment, medicine, blankets, jackets, tents, non-perishable food, household utensils, shoes and computers. No old clothes please.
3. Following packages are being proposed for your convenience:
- Food Distributions: $25 food package will feed a family of 6 for 1 week.
Food Package includes: Flour, Sugar, Cooking Oil, Rice, Lentils, Biscuits and other basics.
- Medical Assistance: $500 provides for 1 week’s supply of medicines.
Every day more than 500 patients are receiving treatment and medicines at HHRD’s medical camps.
- Shelter: $100 is the cost of one tent.
Tent distribution is being made to help those whose houses have been washed away by the floods.
As the blessed month of Ramadan has started, your reward of donating for this cause will be many folded by Allah (swt), Aameen.