The situation is getting worse. Please don’t wait till last minute to give your Fitra. Now you can now make your Fitra through your cell phone:
TEXT "FITRA" to "27722" to donate $10 - All proceeds will go towards Pakistan Flood Relief.
This is one of a kind FITRA campaign to make it easier for our brothers and sisters to not only fulfill our Islamic duty but also help the Flood Victims of Pakistan:
- You can give more than once to pay for each member in your family. Each mobile carrier allows a certain amount of Texts to be sent to the FITRA giving. For additional texts you may use another cell phone number.
- All FITRA donations will be tracked and before the end of Ramadan will be disbursed for Pakistan Flood Relief.
- A one-time charge of $10 will be added to you mobile phone bill. Standard text messaging rates and additional fees may apply. All charges are billed by and payable to you mobile service provider. You can unsubscribe at any time by texting “STOP” to “27722”.
HHRD is also collecting basic necessity items. Please visit www.ReliefForPakistan.org, a HHRD Pakistan Flood Relief dedicated website, for latest updates and to see a complete list of items you can give. http://reliefforpakistan.org/2010-In-Kind-Donation-Pakistan-Priority-List.pdf
UN report says 1.2 million homes are destroyed and there are fears of further flooding as the Indus River, already at a 50 year high, is expected to rise even more.
UN officials have described the humanitarian situation in Pakistan as critical.
· 1,539 people have died and 17 million have been directly affected
· 1.2 million houses have been destroyed, leaving an estimated 8 million homeless
· 3.2m hectares of standing crops have been lost or damaged
· 2,055 people have been injured
· 2 million people have received drinking water but "large numbers" have no access to water or sanitation
The devastation cannot be completely reported as many areas are still hard to reach.
Pakistan is now in serious danger of epidemic disease, especially in children who are already weak and vulnerable. Helping Hand for Relief and Development (HHRD) is providing medical relief across Pakistan.
Please visit www.hhrd.org to make a donation.